Monday, March 2, 2009

FUCK MY LIFE / LITTLE ATTENTION WHORE!

I meant to write about this yesterday, but I lost track of time.

So yesterday morning I went to work as usual, when the worst case scenario happened in front of EVERYONE. It was a horrific scene. I had to carry some food out to a table, but before I did, another waitress trayed the food for me while I retrieved some hot syrup from the cook. When I was ready the other waitress handed me the tray which i placed on my left hand, and I had the hot syrup on my right hand. As I began to walk towards the table I had to serve the food to, I could feel the tray start to wobble a little. Instead of stopping I proceeded. I knew I had to hurry, cuz my left hand was weak and couldn't hold as much weight as my right hand could. And everything happened in slowmotion. A plate with a waffle on it slipped off of the tray to my right, and I sorta tried to catch it with my right hand even though I was carrying hot syrup with it. But before I could even do that I could feel the tray teeter-toter to the left as soon as the waffle fell. I could feel the rest of the plates fall off the opposite end. It happened so slowly that I felt helpless not being able to stop it. You could hear the plates clash, break, and chizzle echo through the whole restaurant. It was so embarrasing I let myself drop to my knees with the trays still in my hand, that I could not look up. Before I could see the entire mess I had created, I could already feel the angryfilled gaze from my boss. I know she didn't show her anger, because she's not an angry person. But she is so stingy and cheap, she can't bare the thought of a plate breaking or food falling on the floor, because she's the one who has to end up paying for it. It's the same for even the smallest of things. But as I tried collecting my thoughts and getting back to my senses, I was scurrying trying the get the scene cleaned up before any more customers could witness the crime scene. Once it was cleaned up, I had no choice but to get back to work and I was still a little jittery but it quickly went away in only a few minutes. As I thought of what just had happened, I felt real guilty. Because whitin the past week or two I would randomly imagine myself dropping a tray full of food in the middle of the restaurant during rush hour, causing a huge scene as everyone stopped to look and stare at the horrific mess I had just created. I guess I sorta jinxed myself, or maybe actually did it unconsciously just for the attention. But I can't say for sure why I continued to walk with a wobbly tray, when I knew something terrible was probable to happen. Hopefully this'll be the last time this ever happens to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment